Sr Analyst, HEDIS/Quality SQL Reporting - RemoteMolina Healthcare Troy, Michigan Job ID 2007235
Molina's Quality Improvement function oversees, plans, and implements new and existing healthcare quality improvement initiatives and education programs; ensures maintenance of programs for members in accordance with prescribed quality standards; conducts data collection, reporting and monitoring for key performance measurement activities; and provides direction and implementation of NCQA accreditation surveys and federal/state QI compliance activities.
In collaboration with Quality Improvement (QI) management, the Senior Analyst, HEDIS/Quality Reporting develops and provides reports and cost-benefit analysis tools to meet QI requirements and uses automated software tools and processes to help streamline activities and improve data/analytics for the quality team.
• Acts as the analyst resource to provide project-, program-, and / or initiative-related direction and guidance for other within the department and/or collaboratively with other departments.
Develops quality metric and program-specific tracking tools within the Quality Department
• Performs data and report validation using pre-developed program-specific tools, benchmarking tools and analytical skills in a timely manner to meet internal and external reporting deadlines
Develops, codes, runs, and/or prepares formatted reports to support critical Quality Improvement functions (e.g., reporting for key performance measurement activities, including HEDIS, state-based measure reporting and medical record review).
• Collaborates and / or assists in performing quality assurance checks on reports and validates their own work prior to internal and external reporting
• Works with Director and / or Manager to establish and / or document quality assurance process checks to be utilized by all staff to ensure the integrity, completeness and validity of external and internal reports
• Understands how to prioritize reports according to business need, regulatory requirements, urgency and / or other key business factors
• Collaborates with department leads and other partnering departments to understand and / or document business requirements and / or implement required reporting.
• Writes and / or produces accurate reports and conducts analyses according to set timelines and project plans.
• Collaborates with other department staff to convert HEDIS data sources for use in HEDIS reporting as needed.
• Coordinates data and analyses from MHI and / or Health Plans as needed.
• Assists with generation of State-specific performance measurement requirements.
• Assists program managers with research regarding performance measurement outliers when asked.
• Uses industry standard techniques determined by the department to reduce report writing errors.
• Modifies reports in response to error identification and / or approved change requests; understand the balance between responsiveness to business requests for enhancements versus department needs to complete work efficiently and timely
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• 3 years of experience in a managed care organization.
• Prior experience using SSRS and other sources to develop analysis reports.
• Experience writing SQL queries to pull healthcare data from database.
• Compute statistical analyses using Excel, IBM SPSS Statistics software and Chi Square statistical tool.
• Create and refine local databases.
• Develop reports from disparate data sources.
• Technical experience in reporting and/or programming.
• Proficiency with Excel and Visio (flow chart equivalent) and demonstrated ability to learn new information systems and software programs.
• Proficiency with data manipulation and interpretation.
• Knowledge of basic statistics.
Required License, Certification, Association
Master's Degree or higher in a clinical field, IT, Public Health or Healthcare.
• HEDIS reporting or collection experience.
• CAHPS reporting experience.
• 1+ years in managed healthcare non-financial reporting.
• 1+ years health care information systems experience or in a role as an IS liaison/contact for QI projects.
• State QI experience.
• Project management and team building experience.
• Experience developing performance measurement tools that support business objectives.
• Experience using multiple programming languages, including but not limited to, SQL / SSRS.
Preferred License, Certification, Association
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
Molina Healthcare is a nationwide fortune 500 organization with a mission to provide quality healthcare to people receiving government assistance. If you are seeking a meaningful opportunity in a team-oriented environment, come be a part of a highly engaged workforce dedicated to our mission. Bring your passion and talents and together we can make a difference in the lives of others. Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.Job Type: Full Time Posting Date: 03/16/2021