Medical Director (Based in Nebraska)Molina Healthcare Omaha, Nebraska Job ID 2020636
Responsible for serving as the primary liaison between administration and medical staff. Assures the ongoing development and implementation of policies and procedures that guide and support the provisions of medical staff services. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable national, state, and local laws and regulatory requirements affecting the medical and clinical staff.
- Provides medical oversight and expertise in appropriateness and medical necessity of healthcare services provided to members, targeting improvements in efficiency and satisfaction for patients and providers, as well as meeting or exceeding productivity standards. Educates and interacts with network and group providers and medical managers regarding utilization practices, guideline usage, pharmacy utilization and effective resource management.
- Develops and implements a Utilization Management program and action plan, which includes strategies that ensure a high quality of patient care, ensuring that patients receive the most appropriate care at the most effective setting. Evaluates the effectiveness of UM practices. Actively monitors for over and under-utilization. Assumes a leadership position relative to knowledge, implementation, training, and supervision of the use of the criteria for medical necessity.
- Participates in and maintains the integrity of the appeals process, both internally and externally. Responsible for the investigation of adverse incidents and quality of care concerns. Participates in preparation for NCQA and URAC certifications. Develops and provides leadership for NCQA-compliant clinical quality improvement activity (QIA) in collaboration with the clinical lead, the medical director, and quality improvement staff.
- Facilitates conformance to Medicare, Medicaid, NCQA and other regulatory requirements.
- Reviews quality referred issues, focused reviews and recommends corrective actions.
- Conducts retrospective reviews of claims and appeals and resolves grievances related to medical quality of care.
- Attends or chairs committees as required such as Credentialing, P&T and others as directed by the Chief Medical Officer.
- Evaluates authorization requests in timely support of nurse reviewers; reviews cases requiring concurrent review, and manages the denial process.
- Monitors appropriate care and services through continuum among hospitals, skilled nursing facilities and home care to ensure quality, cost-efficiency, and continuity of care.
- Ensures that medical decisions are rendered by qualified medical personnel, not influenced by fiscal or administrative management considerations, and that the care provided meets the standards for acceptable medical care.
- Ensures that medical protocols and rules of conduct for plan medical personnel are followed.
- Develops and implements plan medical policies.
- Provides implementation support for Quality Improvement activities.
- Stabilizes, improves and educates the Primary Care Physician and Specialty networks. Monitors practitioner practice patterns and recommends corrective actions if needed.
- Fosters Clinical Practice Guideline implementation and evidence-based medical practice.
- Utilizes IT and data analysts to produce tools to report, monitor and improve Utilization Management.
- Actively participates in regulatory, professional and community activities.
- Doctorate Degree in Medicine
- Board Certified or eligible in a primary care specialty
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 3+ years relevant experience, including:
- 2 years previous experience as a Medical Director in a clinical practice.
- Current clinical knowledge.
- Experience demonstrating strong management and communication skills, consensus building and collaborative ability, and financial acumen.
- Knowledge of applicable state, federal and third party regulations
REQUIRED LICENSE, CERTIFICATION, ASSOCIATION:
Current state (NE) Medical license without restrictions to practice and free of sanctions from Medicaid or Medicare.
Master’s in Business Administration, Public Health, Healthcare Administration, etc.
- Peer Review, medical policy/procedure development, provider contracting experience.
- Experience with NCQA, HEDIS, Medicaid, Medicare and Pharmacy benefit management, Group/IPA practice, capitation, HMO regulations, managed healthcare systems, quality improvement, medical utilization management, risk management, risk adjustment, disease management, and evidence-based guidelines.
- Experience in Utilization/Quality Program management
- HMO/Managed care experience
PREFERRED LICENSE, CERTIFICATION, ASSOCIATION:
Board Certification (Primary Care preferred).
Working environment is generally favorable and lighting and temperature are adequate. Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Must have the ability to sit for long periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Pay Range: $161,914.25 - $315,732.79 a year*
*Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
Molina Healthcare is a nationwide fortune 500 organization with a mission to provide quality healthcare to people receiving government assistance. If you are seeking a meaningful opportunity in a team-oriented environment, come be a part of a highly engaged workforce dedicated to our mission. Bring your passion and talents and together we can make a difference in the lives of others. Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.Job Type: Full Time Posting Date: 05/24/2023
ABOUT OUR LOCATIONView Map
- Growth & Community Engagement Spc. LA County Los Angeles, California, Hi Vista, California, City of Industry, California, Long Beach, California, Burbank, California, Norwalk, California, Hermosa Beach, California, Pomona, California, West Covina, California, Glendale, California, Littlerock, California, Inglewood, California, Lancaster, California, Mission Viejo, California 04/04/2023
- Care Connections Rep (Bilingual English/Spanish) Remote - Must reside in California , Long Beach, California 05/26/2023
- Specialist, Appeals & Grievances Long Beach, California 05/26/2023
- Remote Family Nurse Practitioner (Home Visits required) San Gabriel, California 04/21/2023
No recently viewed jobs.View All Jobs
No saved jobs.View All Jobs