Medical Director, Behavioral Health (Based in NE)Molina Healthcare Nebraska City, Nebraska; Omaha, Nebraska Job ID 2019942
Molina's Behavioral Health function provides leadership and guidance for utilization management and case management programs for mental health and chemical dependency services and assists with implementing integrated Behavioral Health care management programs.
Provides Psychiatric leadership for utilization management and case management programs for mental health and chemical dependency services. Works closely with the Regional Medical Directors to standardized utilization management policies and procedures to improve quality outcomes and decrease costs.
• Provide regional medical necessity reviews and cross coverage
• Standardizes UM practices and quality and financial goals across all LOBs
• Responds to BH-related RFP sections and review BH portions of state contracts
• Assist the BH MD lead trainers in the development of enterprise-wide teaching on psychiatric diagnoses and treatment
• Provides second level BH clinical reviews, BH peer reviews and appeals
• Supports BH committees for quality compliance.
• Implements clinical practice guidelines and medical necessity review criteria
• Tracks all clinical programs for BH quality compliance with NCQA and CMS
• Assists with the recruitment and orientation of new Psychiatric MDs
• Ensures all BH programs and policies are in line with industry standards and best practices
• Assists with new program implementation and supports the health plan in-source BH services
• Additional duties as assigned
• Doctorate Degree in Medicine (MD or DO) with Board Certification General Psychiatry
• 2 years previous experience as a Medical Director in clinical practice
• 3 years’ experience in Utilization/Quality Program Management
• 2+ years HMO/Managed Care experience
• Experience demonstrating strong management and communication skills, consensus building and collaborative ability, and financial acumen.
• Knowledge of applicable state, federal and third-party regulations
Required License, Certification, Association
Active and unrestricted State (NE) Medical License, free of sanctions from Medicaid or Medicare.
• Peer Review, medical policy/procedure development, provider contracting experience.
• Experience with NCQA, HEDIS, Medicaid, Medicare and Pharmacy benefit management, Group/IPA practice, capitation, HMO regulations, managed healthcare systems, quality improvement, medical utilization management, risk management, risk adjustment, disease management, and evidence-based guidelines.
Pay Range: $161,914.25 - $315,732.79 a year*
*Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
Molina Healthcare is a nationwide fortune 500 organization with a mission to provide quality healthcare to people receiving government assistance. If you are seeking a meaningful opportunity in a team-oriented environment, come be a part of a highly engaged workforce dedicated to our mission. Bring your passion and talents and together we can make a difference in the lives of others. Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.Job Type: Posting Date: 04/14/2023
ABOUT OUR LOCATIONView Map
- Rep, Customer Experience II (Onsite in Sacramento, CA) Sacramento, California 11/14/2023
- Licensed Behavioral Health Case Manager-Must reside in Nebraska North Platte, Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska, Grand Island, Nebraska, Kearney, Nebraska 10/02/2023
- LVN UM Review Clinician, Prior Authorization - CA ONLY Long Beach, California 09/19/2023
- Case Manager (RN) - Los Angeles Los Angeles, California, Malibu, California, Redondo Beach, California, Pasadena, California, Manhattan Beach, California, Compton, California, Glendale, California, Hawthorne, California, Calabasas, California, Hidden Hills, California 09/20/2023
No recently viewed jobs.View All Jobs
No saved jobs.View All Jobs