Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) - Remote in Los Angeles, CAMolina Healthcare Los Angeles, California Job ID 2009468
The Nurse Practitioner Psychiatric-Mental Health (PMHNP) will work primarily in non-clinical settings and provide medical care to all levels of patients. Some programs may focus on specific populations (e.g., adult and geriatric, pediatric, and women’s health).
Perform comprehensive medical assessments, order appropriate tests/procedures for diagnostic purposes, formulate treatment plans, obtain specialists' consultations as needed, and do appropriate documentation as required. Job roles and responsibilities emphasize a team-based approach to care and support each member of the team being trained to meet the highest level of function allowed by state law.
- Provide general medical care to various and/or specific patient levels – adults, geriatric, and pediatrics.
- Provides care coordination and preventative care services for geographical as well as virtual targets who are stratified by risk.
- Schedule patient appointments for telehealth or in-person visits when appropriate
- Provide post discharge coordination to reduce hospital readmission rates and emergency room utilization
- Perform comprehensive evaluations including history and physical exams for risk adjustment and other regulatory assessments
- Address both chronic and acute primary care complaints, and able to ascertain medical urgency
- Establish and document reasonable medical diagnoses
- Seek specialty consultation as appropriate
- Order pertinent diagnostic laboratory and radiology testing for the medical diagnosis or presenting symptom; able to work within an environment of limited resources and therefore uses diagnostic tests judiciously and appropriately
- Discuss unusual or unclear symptoms or results with consulting physician in a timely manner
- Accept feedback and direction from the supervising physician
- Create and implements a medical plan of care
- Perform diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures within his/her level of training and expertise, and as outlined on the practice agreement and written protocol with the supervising physician
- Perform face-to-face in-person visits in a variety of settings including home, skilled nursing facilities, and public locations.
- Additionally, perform face-to-face synchronous video communications using TeleHealth platform based on business need and leadership direction
- Order bulk laboratory orders to target specific populations of member.
- Perform alternating on-call coverage to triage any urgent lab results and develop appropriate plan of care
- Participate in community-based “Pop Up Clinics” as way of building relationship with community while addressing gaps in health care
- Collaborate with fellow nurse practitioners to develop best practices to efficiently and effectively carry out work duties
- Actively participate in regional meetings
- Prescribe medications as appropriate
- Remain knowledgeable on current therapies
- Perform timely documentation in medical records in an electronic medical record computer system
- Engage in practices constituting the practice of medicine in collaboration with and under the medical direction and supervision of a licensed physician to the degree required by state laws. He/she may also function as and perform all duties reasonably expected and assigned to an RN such medication administration.
- Work as a partner with his/her supervising physician.
- Obtain cross-state licensure to cover multiple states per business need
- Master’s degree in psychiatric-mental health from accredited nursing program
- 3-5-year experience as a Registered Nurse and/or Nurse Practitioner, ideally in a home health, community health, or public health setting
- Experience in chronic disease management and preventative care
REQUIRED LICENSE, CERTIFICATION, ASSOCIATION:
- Completion of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program at the Master's level, with a national certification from one of the following organizations: American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Current state-issued license to practice as a Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- 3 – 5 years previous experience as a Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Previous experience in Home health as a licensed clinician, especially in management of chronic conditions
- Experience with underserved populations facing socioeconomic barriers to health care
- Fluency in a language in addition to English is plus
- Immunization and phlebotomy skills
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
Molina Healthcare is a nationwide fortune 500 organization with a mission to provide quality healthcare to people receiving government assistance. If you are seeking a meaningful opportunity in a team-oriented environment, come be a part of a highly engaged workforce dedicated to our mission. Bring your passion and talents and together we can make a difference in the lives of others. Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.Job Type: Full Time Posting Date: 09/29/2021
ABOUT OUR LOCATIONView Map
No recently viewed jobs.View All Jobs
No saved jobs.View All Jobs