Mgr, Actuarial SvcsLong Beach, California Job ID 1904092
Responsible for estimating liabilities, establishing premium rates, financial analysis and reporting. Extracts, analyzes, and synthesizes data from various sources to identify risks.
• Perform IBNR estimates and rate adequacy studies. Document assumptions. Oversee the creation of actuarial opinions and rate issue letters. Oversee other related state reporting requirements.
• Design and perform actuarial studies related to medical care costs and trends. Support ad-hoc projects related to rate filings, new business development, financial projections, budgeting, and acquisitions.
• Provide technical guidance and leadership to Actuarial staff.
• Review reporting prepared by others to assure consistency and appropriateness of methodologies used. Interpret results and recommend solutions to identified issues.
• Stay abreast of professional developments and industry trends.
Required License, Certification, Association
Must have passed at least 4 actuarial exams.
6 -7 Years
Preferred License, Certification, Association
ASA or near ASA
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.