Instructional DesignerLong Beach, California Job ID 1903497
Analyzes and determines training needs and problems. Develops, administers and implements all training programs in accordance with the Business' initiatives and strategies. Conducts special courses designed for training selected groups of employees.
• Supports job-task analysis and/or needs assessment to identify learning objectives, and to determine training solutions and other performance enhancement solutions (e.g., management reinforcement, rewards, role clarity, job aids, etc.)
• Consults with managers and various team members to develop individual training program goals, overall program objectives, and module objectives. Ensures focused training, increasing the capability of employees to perform in their job
• Applies knowledge of instructional design theory to design course content, working with subject matter experts, management, trainers, e-Learning specialists, etc. At this level, creates new training programs from scratch, with some manager guidance, starting with conducting a formal analysis of training needs.
• Applies knowledge of adult learning theory to identify appropriate training media and methodologies based on audience learning styles, course content, audience location, point within the learning process, etc. Design is created for traditional classroom, online classroom, self-paced e-Learning modules or a blend of approaches. Training methodologies may include group lecture, role play, simulation exercises, self-study, on-the-job training, computer-based training, etc.
• Supports e-Learning specialists to develop more sophisticated e-Learning programs and applications.
• Researches, selects, and modifies existing training curriculum, content, materials, job aids, etc. to meet learning needs.
• Reviews program evaluations, test results, and participant and manager feedback on training effectiveness to make recommendations for program improvement.
• Designs evaluation strategies and tools to determine whether desired learning and performance outcomes are achieved.
• Identifies needs for outside resources, and sources vendors, as appropriate. Handles vendor management, to include coordination of resources and ensuring quality of product and service levels delivered.
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.