Engineer, ApplicationsLong Beach, California Job ID 1903119
Designs, develops, and communicates technology models and foundations used to run applications, data, and infrastructure in support of one or more business processes. Applies and promotes key principles (e.g. stability, scalability, performance, security, compatibility, re-use), helping ensure a balance between tactical and strategic technology solutions. Considers business problems “end-to-end”: including people, process, and technology, both within and outside the enterprise, as part of any design solution. Promotes use of industry and enterprise technology standards. Monitors emerging technologies for potential application within or across the Corporation. Adheres to design and application development standards, methodology and framework within Architectural compliance and governance.
- Develops software (hands on code development) to meet key business objectives.
- Understands and applies SW development methodologies in adherence to SW development standards
- Designs and develops applications or systems solving specific business or processing problem (Desktop, Web, Mobile)
- Gathers business requirements and develops conceptual design and technical design for multiple projects concurrently.
- Reviews computer system capabilities, work flow and scheduling limitations to determine if requested program or program change is possible within existing system.
- Conducts peer review of other developers (internal and contract staff) to ensure standards and quality.
- Provides architecture and design overview in adherence to development standards.
- Working knowledge of DevOps, Waterfall and Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with application and Helpdesk support.
- Strong communication, documentation and presentation skills.