Director, Enterprise Risk & Control (Remote)Job ID 2003296
The Director is responsible for leading, monitoring and executing risk and control activities across the enterprise, including developing a risk-based process reviews, leading and advising process and business owners on process improvement and control design, and managing and executing Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX-404) activities. The Director may also perform a variety of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) activities including annual risk assessments, drafting policies & procedures, ERM risk tolerance management or modification, developing ERM Committee materials and other related activities. Working with our Big 4 audit partners, the Director assists with SOX-404 planning and scoping; oversees and collaborates with internal and external audit firms in execution of SOX, internal audit or financial audit activities; and partners with process and control owners in evaluating, monitoring, tracking and completing remediation of all identified control deficiencies/exceptions and recommendations. The position will report to the AVP, Enterprise Risk and Controls and may act as the AVP's delegate on an as-needed basis.
• Assists the AVP, Enterprise Risk & Controls in setting the tone for the importance of a strong control environment, including driving strong process and control ownership across the organization;
• May conduct process and control owner training sessions or lead risk assessment, internal control or process enhancement workshops;
• Co-leads the enterprise, under the direction of the AVP, in meeting its SOX-404 compliance requirements in accordance with relevant departmental policies and procedures and other established SOX standards, as appropriate;
• Identifies, assesses and solves complex business problems;
• Reviews the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls and recommends improvements as warranted;
• Leads a small team in performing financial, operational and information system assessments throughout the company, prepares and reviews work papers, writes reports or other deliverables in a timely manner to adequately and clearly document testing and support conclusions;
• Acts as a key point of contact for process and control owners as well as internal and external auditors as it relates to SOX-404 (ICFR) and internal controls;
• May lead performance of top-down enterprise risk assessments; formalizing the universe of risks, performing enterprise risk assessments, communicating areas for management focus, annually developing a risk based internal process plan and supporting programs, and assisting planned internal audit activities in a timely manner;
• As needed, may assist in maintaining the enterprise risk management artifacts up to date, including the: risk taxonomy, top risks, risk mitigation plans, risk monitoring reports, risk metrics, etc.;
• As needed, may work with ERM risk liaisons to establish or refine key risk tolerances, risk definitions, risk mitigation plans and other ERM related activities;
• Supports the enterprise risk liaisons and SOX-404 process and control owners in determining right-sized mitigation approaches, provides support on efforts, and ultimately holds them accountable;
• Monitors risks and controls, and where there are issues or failures, partners with control and business owners to develop a root cause analysis and ensure corrective actions are implemented;
• Identifies, assesses, leads and implements continuous quality improvement initiatives to streamline and enhance accounting processes including automating, standardizing and simplifying internal controls and process activities;
• Guides process and control owners, acting as an internal consultant, with evaluating, monitoring, tracking and completing remediation all identified findings and recommendations;
• Practices and encourages professional development and teamwork;
• Stays current on developments within the company and in the areas of accounting, auditing and healthcare industry;
• Acts as an escalation point for SOX-404 issues raised by the auditors; and,
• Leads a small team (2-6 people) and acts as a mentor and coach to junior team members
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Information Systems, or related field required.
• The ideal candidate will have at least 7+ years of end-to-end Sarbanes-Oxley compliance experience—from planning, scoping, executing/testing to deficiency assessment, remediation and aggregation assessment;
• Experience working and implementing key risk frameworks including COSO, COBIT, ISO, NIST, etc.;
• Experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, operational risk management, internal audit, SOX-404 compliance and/or business process engineering;
• Possess a high energy level and strong work ethic with a commitment to continuous improvement in a dynamic and changing environment;
• Strategic thinking and the ability to lead, engage and influence audit partners and senior and executive management;
• At least 5 years of experience leading a team, coaching and developing direct reports;
• Strong relationship management and collaboration skills;
• Ability to persuade and influence at all levels; and,
• Strong presentation and communication skills.
Required License, Certification, Association
CPA, CIA and/or CISA a plus
Master's degree a plus.
• At least two years' experience in auditing or working in the healthcare industry; managed care a plus.
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.