AVP, Business Continuity & Emergency ManagementLong Beach, California Job ID 1902978
The AVP, Service Continuity and Emergency Management provides direct leadership and oversight for Molina Corporate and it's Health Plan's Business Continuity, Continuity of Healthcare Services, Disaster Recovery, Emergency and Incident Management programs. A key accountability of the role is to drive the adoption, appropriate implementation, and ongoing maintenance of the program framework, policies, standards and methods across the organization. The role will report into the SVP and Chief Security Officer, however will have a matrixed role and be expected to work across organizations senior leadership including Plan Presidents, SVP and Chief Information Officer, Chief Compliance Officer, and Executive leadership. As such superior consulting and executive communication skills are required.
It is expected that the ideal candidate is looking to leverage technology and process improvements that are likely to be industry leading and a case study for others in the industry. Molina is a heavy user of the Cloud for applications and Microsoft Azure for IT infrastructure; for example, this includes contact center software. A key initiative will be to automate the BCM using the BC in the Cloud software and similar cloud based emergency management software for situation awareness and delegated command center/incident management capabilities.
• Build and strengthen relationships with key stakeholders in business and support areas to actively promote a culture that is sensitive to identifying, measuring, mitigating and monitoring resilience, issues and support of a healthy Business Continuity and Crisis management environment. Ensure Senior Leadership's involvement with the BCP through support and commitment to the program.
• Act as a consultant across the business on all matters associated with service continuity and emergency management.
• The role will be responsible for the strategies associated with Business & Service Continuity, Emergency Management and Physical Security functions. Included all people, process and technologies and all relevant business plans.
• Conduct and refresh new and existing Business Impact Assessments for all state health plans. Identify and validate priority service processes and relevant RTOs.
• Facilitate the determination and selection of continuity strategies with senior leadership. Accountable for the establishment of relevant policy and standard, and measuring the compliance with policies across the company. Development of relevant metrics to determine efficacy of program required.
• Ensure all relevant teams, technologies and locations have continuity plans commensurate with their level of criticality to key business processes.
• Direct resources (BCM/EM Team and indirect BU BCP coordinators and IT DR Coordinator) in the scoping, development, testing and annual updating of end-to-end business continuity/disaster recovery plans.
• Facilitate the documenting of procedures on how Team Members will communicate, manage, respond, and recover from disruptive incidents impacting operations.
• Design scenarios and conduct exercises that test end-to-end resiliency of operations, technology, services and relevant recovery strategies.
• Manage all BCM and EM related compliance and contractual obligations, i.e. annual test reporting.
• Work with vendors and delegated providers to establish coordinated plans based on risks and possible impacts to Molina's businesses.
• Maintain relevant situation awareness technologies and supporting processes. Including but not limited to emergency communication services and automated BCM tools.
• Establish and maintain Enterprise Incident Management procedures and mature the capability across the company.
• Provide emergency management services across 300 locations nationally coordinating with facilities managers; fire drills, OSHA and Compliance workplace training, First aid and AED supplies, trained emergency management team resources/floor wardens, relevant training services.
• Develop emergency management plans in accordance with State contractual requirements for health plans.
• Establish and manage the Business Continuity, Emergency Management and Physical Security central function budgets as appropriate to ensure annual plan compliance.
• Highly Desirable, experience managing specialists in the following domains; Physical Security, Employee Safety, Executive Protection and IT DR coordination.
• Should expect approximately 20% travel although likely to be minimal.
Bachelor's degree in a related field or demonstrated equivalent work experience
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in business continuity and/or emergency management
• A minimum 5 years managerial experience
• Experience with large complex programs and strategic initiatives.
• Experience working in a matrixed role across organizations as an effective change agent
• An advanced degree in a related field
• Experience working for a medium to large size organization.
• Very strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish strong cross-organizational partnerships
• Experience in the Healthcare industry ideally for a managed care organization or similar
• Strong leadership skills and ability to listen and build consensus and collaborate with senior stakeholders
• Ability to translate technical concepts into business language and present to executive level audience
• Strategic thinker with experience identifying, reviewing and solving enterprise level problems to support and enable business priorities.
• Expertise in one or more domains; Physical Security, Executive Protection, Health and Safety, Asset Protection, Risk Management
• Strong understanding of regulatory requirements including HIPAA, SOX , PCI
• Experience working as a supplier to State and Federal Governments
• Proficiency in utilizing a business continuity planning software
• Proficiency in utilizing an emergency mass notification software
Preferred License, Certification, Association
Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP), Master Business Continuity Professional (MBCP) or similar certifications
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.