Medical Director (Addictionologist)Molina Healthcare Las Vegas, Nevada Job ID 2009135
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES(Generally, the occupational knowledge and specific technical and professional skills and abilities required to perform the essential duties of this job):
Provides Psychiatric leadership for utilization management and case management programs for mental health and chemical dependency services. Indirectly supervises Health Plan Psychiatric Medical Directors in implementing integrated Behavioral Health care management programs. Works closely with the MHI VP of Behavioral Health and National Medical Directors to develop standardized utilization management policies and procedures to be implemented enterprise-wide that will improve quality outcomes and decrease costs.
• Develops scorecard benchmarks for Behavioral Health (BH) clinical staff productivity.
• Standardizes UM practices and quality and financial goals across all LOBs.
• Responds to BH-related RFP sections and review BH portions of state contracts.
• Works with trainers to develop and provide enterprise-wide teaching on psychiatric diagnoses and treatment.
• Writes, refines, and approves BH Policies and Procedures for utilization and case management.
• Provides second level BH clinical reviews, BH peer reviews and appeals.
• Facilitates BH committees for quality compliance.
• Works with VP Pharmacy to establish standard Psychiatric formulary.
• Implements clinical practice guidelines and medical necessity review criteria.
• Tracks all clinical programs for BH quality compliance with NCQA and CMS.
• Participates in the recruitment, placement and orientation of new HP Psychiatric MDs.
• Ensures all BH programs and policies are in line with industry standards and best practices.
• Assists with new program implementation and supports the health plan in-source BH services.
• Assist with reviewing and evaluating BH vendors.
Molina's Behavioral Health function provides leadership and guidance for utilization management and case management programs for mental health and chemical dependency services and assists with implementing integrated Behavioral Health care management programs.
Doctorate Degree in Medicine (MD or DO) with Board Certification in Psychiatry
• 2 years previous experience as a Medical Director.
• 3 years experience in Utilization/Quality Program Management.
• 5+ years clinical practice.
• 5+ years HMO/Managed Care experience.
• Current clinical knowledge.
• Experience demonstrating strong management and communication skills, consensus building and collaborative ability, and financial acumen.
• Knowledge of applicable state, federal and third party regulations.
REQUIRED LICENSE, CERTIFICATION, ASSOCIATION:
Active and unrestricted State Medical License, free of sanctions from Medicaid or Medicare.
• Peer Review, medical policy/procedure development, provider contracting experience.
• Experience with NCQA, HEDIS, Medicaid, Medicare and Pharmacy benefit management, Group/IPA practice, capitation, HMO regulations, managed healthcare systems, quality improvement, medical utilization management, risk management, risk adjustment, disease management, and evidence-based guidelines.
Working environment is generally favorable and lighting and temperature are adequate. Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Must have the ability to sit for long periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
Molina Healthcare is a nationwide fortune 500 organization with a mission to provide quality healthcare to people receiving government assistance. If you are seeking a meaningful opportunity in a team-oriented environment, come be a part of a highly engaged workforce dedicated to our mission. Bring your passion and talents and together we can make a difference in the lives of others. Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.Job Type: Full Time Posting Date: 09/10/2021