Manager, Appeals & GrievancesIrving, Texas Job ID 2000060
Responsible for leading, organizing and directing the activities of the Grievance and Appeals Unit that is responsible for reviewing and resolving member complaints and communicating resolution to members or authorized representatives in accordance with the standards and requirements established by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid
• Manages staff responsible for the submission/resolution of member inquiries, appeals and grievances for the Plan. Ensures resolutions are compliant.
• Proactively assesses and audits business processes to determine those most effective and efficient at resolving member problems.
• Serves as primary interface with Corporate Claims and Configuration counterparts and ensures standard processes are implemented.
• Oversees preparation of narratives, graphs, flowcharts, etc. to be used for committee presentations, audits and internal/external reports; oversees necessary correspondence in accordance with regulatory requirements.
• Maintains call tracking system of correspondence and outcomes for member appeals/grievances; oversees monitoring of each member submission/resolution to ensure all internal and regulatory timelines are met.
Associate's Degree or 4 years of Medicare grievance and appeals experience.
• Min. 4 years experience in healthcare claims review and/or member dispute resolution.
• Experience reviewing all types of medical claims (e.g. HCFA 1500, Outpatient/Inpatient UB92, Universal Claims, Stop Loss, Surgery, Anesthesia, high dollar complicated claims, COB and DRG/RCC pricing).
6+ years experience in healthcare claims review and/or member dispute resolution; supervisory or management experience.
Preferred License, Certification, Association
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.