IDD Field Case Manager (RN): Houston Harris County TEXASMolina Healthcare Houston, Texas Job ID 2007894
As a Case Manager, you will work with members, providers and multidisciplinary team members to assess, facilitate, plan and coordinate an integrated delivery of care across the continuum, including behavioral health and long term care, for members with high need potential.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid-Level
- Travel: Yes
What makes you a successful Case Manager at Molina Healthcare? Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you're the right fit.
I love working at a company that sees our members as people not numbers and allow employees to provide individual care to meet the member’s needs.-Lori K. MS, BSW, CADC, Case Manager
If they feel someone cares about them, they are more likely to care for themselves, and their health, in return. Sometimes we have to be their only friend.-Joanne J., Case Manager
A member’s care is enhanced when their care providers think deeply about their situation and then offer assistance and guidance.-Brent A., Case Manager
Medical · Dental · Vision
Group & Voluntary Life Insurance
Aflac · Pet Health · Identity Theft
Auto & Home Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
401K · Roth 401K
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Continuing Education Units
Paid Time Off
Volunteer Time Off
Legal Assistance Plan
Employee Assistance & Well Being Programs
Employee Perks Platform
For this position we are looking specifically for a RN (REGISTERED NURSE) with experience with IDD cases. This position will require travel in the field in the HOUSTON HARRIS COUNTY TEXAS area. Due to COVID restrictions at this time, we are not doing visits in the field. We will resume field visits when it is safe to do so. Mileage will be reimbursed.
Service Coordinator Job Summary: The Service Coordinator services people diagnosed with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities who live in a variety of non-institutional settings and in the community. Services are designed to meet the person's needs so they may remain in the community and have opportunities to participate in their community to the maximum extent possible.
As a Service Coordinator you are responsible for a person centered assessment for services and supports, development and implementation of a person centered service plan, coordination of services and supports, and advocating for the people you serve to ensure physical, psychosocial, mental needs are met. You will monitor services and supports for individuals diagnosed with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (IDD). In addition to IDD, many individuals you will serve will have mental health and/or medical diagnoses. Individuals served range in age from very young adult to the geriatric population. You will have a designated caseload of individuals for whom you will work with to help improve their quality of life. You will provide these services in the community, including their place of residence, schools, day programming, etc. The service coordinator role is a dynamic position that entails working with the individuals and their support systems, facilitating meetings, crisis prevention and advocacy. As their service coordinator, you will not only monitor their services, but also help support individuals in leading healthy, meaningful and fulfilling lives.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assessment and Coordination for unmet medical, behavioral, mental, social needs
- Medical and behavioral health coordination and case management
- Monitor progress, service delivery and satisfaction of services
- Facilitate meetings amongst the service planning team
- Complete and monitor individualized service plans
- Identify and leverage clients own strengths to help them achieve their goals
- Maintain documentation of all client contacts within required timelines and in compliance with program requirements
- Develop working relationships with community providers
- Assist individuals to remain in community
- Maintain a caseload
- Provide support to individuals in accessing appropriate services within Molina, community partners, service providers and other relevant agencies.
- Travel locally, daily, for client visits
- Participate in inter-agency and departmental collaborations to problem solve client needs and barriers to progress
- Utilize clinical systems, Microsoft Word/Outlook and other applications.
The Candidate we are looking for is:
- Excited to work with the IDD population. If you don't already have experience with this population, then you must be motivated to learn.
- You like to stay busy and you are self-motivated. You enjoy having a career that keeps you on the move and you are excited by the fact that no two days are the same.
- You are able to effectively communicate with all kinds of people, but you also work well independently.
- You are organized and able to keep up in a fast paced environment.
- You don't mind documentation and you excel at time management.
- You have the ability to respond to deadlines in a timely manner
- Most importantly, you are looking for a career that makes a difference in peoples' lives.
- Basic math skills required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Judgement and analytical thinking
- Use computer, printer, and software programs necessary to the position (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to utilize Internet for resources
Molina Healthcare Services (HCS) works with members, providers and multidisciplinary team members to assess, facilitate, plan and coordinate an integrated delivery of care across the continuum, including behavioral health and long term care, for members with high need potential. HCS staff work to ensure that patients progress toward desired outcomes with quality care that is medically appropriate and cost-effective based on the severity of illness and the site of service.
• Completes comprehensive assessments of members per regulated timelines and determines who may qualify for case management based on clinical judgment, changes in member's health or psychosocial wellness, and triggers identified in the assessment.
• Develops and implements a case management plan in collaboration with the member, caregiver, physician and/or other appropriate healthcare professionals and member's support network to address the member needs and goals.
• Conducts face-to-face or home visits as required.
• Performs ongoing monitoring of the care plan to evaluate effectiveness, document interventions and goal achievement, and suggest changes accordingly.
• Maintains ongoing member case load for regular outreach and management.
• Promotes integration of services for members including behavioral health care and long term services and supports/home and community to enhance the continuity of care for Molina members.
• Facilitates interdisciplinary care team meetings and informal ICT collaboration.
• Uses motivational interviewing and Molina clinical guideposts to educate, support and motivate change during member contacts.
• Assesses for barriers to care, provides care coordination and assistance to member to address concerns.
• 25- 40% local travel required.
• RNs provide consultation, recommendations and education as appropriate to non-RN case managers.
• RNs are assigned cases with members who have complex medical conditions and medication regimens
• RNs conduct medication reconciliation when needed.
Graduate from an Accredited School of Nursing. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.
1-3 years in case management, disease management, managed care or medical or behavioral health settings.
Required License, Certification, Association
Active, unrestricted State Registered Nursing (RN) license in good standing.
Must have valid driver's license with good driving record and be able to drive within applicable state or locality with reliable transportation.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
3-5 years in case management, disease management, managed care or medical or behavioral health settings.
Preferred License, Certification, Association
Certified Case Manager (CCM)
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
Molina Healthcare is a nationwide fortune 500 organization with a mission to provide quality healthcare to people receiving government assistance. If you are seeking a meaningful opportunity in a team-oriented environment, come be a part of a highly engaged workforce dedicated to our mission. Bring your passion and talents and together we can make a difference in the lives of others. Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.Job Type: Full Time Posting Date: 05/10/2021