Supervising Physician - South Carolina (part-time/remote)Cayce, South Carolina Job ID 1904105
Care Connections is a strategic partner to Molina Health Plans, committed to engaging and connecting with members in order to improve Quality Measures and Risk Adjustment Scores by performing In Home Assessments utilizing Nurse Practitioners. We currently operate in Washington, California, Utah, Idaho, New Mexico, Texas, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, New York, Florida, Mississippi and South Carolina.Your cooperation will help us live the Molina Mission by providing access to preventive and educational healthcare services for those most vulnerable, close STAR/HEDIS Quality gaps in care, maximize Risk Adjustment, reduce Emergency Department utilization and reduce hospitalizations. For Care Connections to comply with state regulations, our Nurse Practitioners require Physician Supervision in each state as a legal requirement.
Care Connections, our national team of Nurse Practitioners, provides in home health services for Medicare, Marketplace, and Medicaid recipients. Through our program we are able to meet our patients where they live and conduct health assessments in the privacy and comfort of their home. By utilizing Epic, our customized electronic health record, as well as advanced point-of-care testing equipment, we are able to provide our patients with a thorough and comprehensive health care experience.
The expectations for the Supervising Physician are as follows:
**Family Medicine or General Practice Physicians only, due to our well child visits.**
- Must be available by phone or other electronic means of communication during the NP’s working hours (40 hours per week).
- Serve as a Supervising Physician in accordance with applicable law and terms and conditions of the Nurse Practitioner Collaborative Practice Protocol Agreement
- Conduct a monthly chart review of a 10% representative sample and meet with NP on a monthly basis in person or by phone or electronic communication per state requirements and review and discuss a 10% representative sample of charts for quality assurance.
- Liability insurance will be provided for Physicians claims arising solely and exclusively from Physician’s delivery of professional services relating to Physician’s Supervision and collaboration services provided to NP’s.
- Supervising Physicians will be compensated as independent contractors utilizing the IRS form 1099 reporting system. Physician will be solely responsible for any income taxes owed.
- The maximum paid work hours per month are eight (8) based on the calculation of: maximum two (2) paid hours per NP per month x 4 NP’s maximum = 8 for the Quality Representative Chart Reviews. The actual amount of time spent per week to perform the chart reviews may vary depending on the SP as will the weekly paid time submissions
- Will not be expected or required to provide any type of direct patient care, and resolves grievances related to medical quality of care.